- (grandmother, while making curry, age 71)
- Her: I'm tired of listening to young people say that they want a happy life, happy career, happy partner and all that happy stuff without facing pain. When I was young, we admired the person with the most painful life. Wanna know why? Because it made them beautiful. Now this isn't beautiful like those super models on TV and those cheeky girls in movies. I don't like those cheeky girls in those films. No, it made them beautiful because they learned how to endure life and its agony. They knew how to appreciate the little things in life. They were deep, meaningful, beautiful people. Happiness without suffering for a while is hollow. It's empty. Empty is not beautiful. Are you listening? Empty is not beautiful. I'm tired of finding these young people looking to escape when there's so much to learn in this life. One day you're going to thank the pain for giving you the guts you needed to go through life with your head held up high. Pain is important, you understand? It gives you guts, it gives you wings.
- Me: Your curry is boiling.
- Her: Oh. Yes. Pass me that red spice.
- (Reblogging because I needed this right now)
Did you know that in Japan there are 3 ways to say “I love you”? You say “Daisuki” for friends and guys you like, you say “Aishiteru” for a more serious relationship and you say “Koishiteru” to the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. And they follow this rule. That is one of the things I admire about them. They didn’t make “I love you” lose its meaning like us.
Koishiteru boyfriend and future husband. <3
“We Say” Cards -They are fun questionnaires given to the guests where they answer questions about the bride and groom. Can be used as a guest book or a small activity for the guests before during the reception.
So cute <3 Definitely using this for my wedding 8 years from now ;)
Elie Saab Haute Couture S/S 11
WANT A TRAIN LIKE THIS FOR MY WEDDING DRESS.
Reblogging for an insight of what my room would look like in my thirties. YES, EVEN WHEN I’M THIRTY. STFU.
I ♥ the dress. Ü
Now if I can turn this dress into white, I have the wedding dress of my dreams. ♥
Super cute. I would want to wear one on a wedding reception coz I’m gonna be partying like it’s 2012. Just not the wedding itself.
THIS IS SUCH A GOOD ENGAGEMENT SHOOT. OMFG.